Achilles tendon rupture is the injury to your lower leg’s tendon or disruption to the lower part of the foot. The Achilles tendon is a fibrous cord that connects the muscle in the back of your calf to your heel bone. If your Achilles tendon ruptures you hear the popping sound followed by the sharp pain in your foot. It results in can’t stand on your own foot. This injury is done to anyone, especially to players.
SYMPTOMS OF ACL:
- Swelling near the heel
- Unable to walk
- A popping sound
- The feeling of being kicked in your calf.
If you hear the popping or snapping sound in your heel or feel difficult to walk, you have to meet your doctor and take the advice of the doctor.
CAUSES OF ACHILLES TENDON RUPTURE:
- Falling from a height
- Stepping into a hole
- Increasing intensity of sports.
RISK OF ACHILLES TENDON RUPTURE (ACL):
- People aging between 30-40 have high chances of such a injury.
- Men have higher chances to have such a injury is than women.
- Moreover, obesity is the major problem of such a injury cause.
DIAGNOSIS OF ACHILLES TENDON RUPTURE:
Your doctor will examine your lower leg for rupture of a tendon, then a doctor can diagnose the tendon’s rupture. The doctor can also use an MRI scan to examine the injury.
TREATMENT OF ACHILLES TENDON RUPTURE:
Firstly, Achilles tendon rupture depends on your age and activity. Also, athletes people (young people) have a high risk of developing such injuries. Further, sometimes a doctor will advise surgery.
- Apply ice to injured area.
- Resting tendon by using crutches.
- Taking the pain killer.
Firstly, nonsurgical treatment reduces the chances of infection that’s why nonsurgical treatment is the better option. But in certain conditions doctor suggests doing the surgery. Moreover, in that surgery, a doctor will stitch the ruptured tendon. Further, there are several disadvantages of surgery like blood vessels or nerve infection etc. Also, after recovery, the patient must adopt certain health-related habits and physical exercise.
MEASURES ON YOUR PART:
- Making the list of your symptoms and detailed descriptions your symptoms.
- Information of past medical problem.
- Medications and dietary supplements you take.
A doctor will ask certain questions. For example, how did this injury happen? Can you stand up on your tiptoe? Did you hear the popping sound? etc.,