The maintenance of the gum health paves way for strong and healthy teeth. As gum and its surrounding tissues can harbor microorganisms that can initiate gum diseases affect gum health. Thus, maintenance of good gum health is essential.
We have listed a few natural remedies for a good gum health.
Natural Remedies for Gum Health:
Practice Rock salt-water rinse at least once a day. Salt is an antibacterial agent, which can provide a soothing effect to the gums.
- A vitamin-rich diet helps in maintaining the form and basic structure of the gums at microscopic levels.
- Omega-3 fatty acids supplements or foods rich in them help to promote the gum to tooth attachment.
- Have protein-rich foods to promote the structural balance of the gums.
- Stay hydrated with warm liquids throughout the day to keep the cells nourished.
Practice oil-pulling daily once you wake up. They help in reducing the plaque build-up and decrease the rates of certain microbes.
Consume Green tea for an anti-microbial effect that helps in healthy teeth and gums.
Guava Extract Mouthwash:
Mouthwashes containing Guava extracts can prevent various microbes and reduce the inflammation of the gums.
Massage your gums with a drop of peppermint oil or tea tree essential oil to ward off any disease-causing microorganism. Practice occasionally not frequently. As these essential oils are strong in nature always, dilute them with coconut oil before use to prevent any surface injury of the gums.
Additional measures for a good Gum Health:
- Always brush your teeth twice a day.
- Subsequently, practice flossing and the use of mouthwashes after brushing your teeth.
- Particularly, practice a healthy lifestyle habit.
- Do not smoke as it dehydrated your gums. Try to avoid tobacco-related products and alcohol consumption.
- Make frequent visits to your dentist for an evaluation of your oral health.
- Finally, do not practice any self-treatment, as gums are delicate soft tissue they tend to be affected easily.
Good oral hygiene measures along with healthy lifestyle habits and a balanced diet can give you strong and healthy gums and teeth.