Recently, passionfruit has taken a special place in fruit shops and has been well received by the people. This passion fruit is available in different colours. Blue and Yellow are mostly available colours in this fruit. There are about 500 species available all over the world. It costs 300 to 350 per kg.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF THE FRUIT:
- Firstly, this passionfruit protects against infections, eye problems, and cancer. It’s important to be healthy. Phosphorus, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B1 is some of the most important nutrients for our body. These nutrients are present in the passion fruit.
- Heart Disease, Obesity is some of the most prevalent diseases in the world. This fruit helps in preventing these diseases. In addition, Vitamin A present in it can help prevent skin ageing and protect against free radicals in the body.
- Passionfruit contains a rich amount of potassium. It can regulate electrolyte balance in the body and the function of muscles throughout the body, including the heart muscles.
- This fruit juice also contains ascorbic acid and antioxidant properties, which may be effective in reducing the risk of heart diseases.
- Passionfruit contains picetannol and scirpusin B. It can help in maintaining the blood vessels. These are a type of polyphenols that have antioxidant and vasorelaxant properties that relax blood vessels.
- The vasorelaxant effect can increase blood circulation as well as relax blood vessels. This property can be helpful in improving blood circulation.
- Above all, it can cure disease conditions like insomnia. This fruit can induce sleep by reducing anxiety. Flavonoids present in this fruit and its flower have sedative effects.
- The benefits of passionfruit include weight loss. Actually, the flower extract of passionfruit peel has antioxidant properties. This property can easily improve the increased body weight, fat deposition and glucose tolerance.
PASSIONFRUIT AND DIGESTION:
- The fibre in it is the main reason to stay healthy and prevent constipation by easing the process of bowel movement. The fibre can also help digest the amount of sugar in your diet and control the level of sugar in your diet.
- During pregnancy, there will be a lot of hormonal changes that can slow down the digestion process. So, pregnant women can consume this fruit to enhance their digestion.
- It can enhance bone health. Its peel extract has an anti-inflammatory property that can treat pain, stiffness due to osteoarthritis. Similarly, it also contains sodium, potassium and magnesium that helps to increase bone density.
- Respiratory problems such as wheezing, coughing and shortness of breath can be cured by drinking this fruit juice. Similarly, this also helps to cure throat problems caused due to germs.
- This fruit increases memory and reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. It can also promote hippocampal neurogenesis of some neuron that is responsible for learning, remembering, and mood changes.
- It nourishes our skin. In addition, it can also reduce the ageing problem by preventing cell damage and wrinkles. The oil obtained from its seed can act as a skin nourisher, anti-wrinkle and skin whitening cream.
SIDE EFFECTS OF PASSION FRUIT:
- It can cause an allergic reaction in some people who are very sensitive. Allergic symptoms include itching, wheezing, itchy eyes etc.
- It can be toxic during excessive consumption.
- It can lower blood sugar levels. So low blood sugar patients should not take this fruit.
THE RIGHT WAY TO CONSUME THE FRUIT:
- We can take this fruit raw.
- The seeds can be taken along with fruit. The seeds are enclosed in gelatinous pulp like substance. It is not harmful.
- The fruit tastes like a combination of sweetness and citric or tart flavour. It has a unique taste.
- We can prepare juice
- It is used in food products such as cakes, ice creams, jams and jelly.
- We can prepare salad with this fruit.
- It is used to make tea, vinegar and soup.
- Consume 15 to 20 grams of passion fruit per day.
PLANTING PASSION FRUIT:
Tropical climates support the growth of this fruit. So planting passion fruit and growing them can be a good option. They can be planted under the sun, but not in very hot climates. It takes around 12-18 months to bear fruits.
To sum up, passion fruit is an amazing fruit with enormous benefits. It is wise to include some in our everyday diet to improve our well-being.