Pineapple is a sweet fruit. Everyone loves the aroma and taste of pineapple. Pineapple, a fruit rich in medicinal properties, is readily available at all times. This fruit provides all the nutrients the body needs. Pineapple is not a seasonal fruit entirely. But, it is highly consumed in the summers.
Pineapple is rich in vitamins C and A, fibre content. Further, it contains minerals like potassium and phosphorous abundantly. It combines and produces both sour and sweet tastes. But it is not good for pregnant women. This is because it can increase body temperature and lead to miscarriage. In this article, we are going to see a list of benefits of eating pineapple.
|NUTRITION||QUANTITY (Reference Daily Intake)|
Health Benefits of Pineapple:
Pineapple helps in weight loss:
Pineapple is low in calories and carbohydrates and high in fibre, making it a boon for those who want to lose weight. The bromelain in it can help reduce weight. It is good to eat this fruit daily to reduce belly fat.
Pineapple enhances immunity:
- Vitamin C in this fruit strengthens the body’s immune system. Thus reducing the impact of diseases on the body.
- Studies indicate that a cup of pineapple juice contains 25 mg of vitamin C. Therefore, drinking pineapple juice every day will boost your immune system.
Resolves issues with digestion, cold and cough:
- If you have a digestive problem, eat a cup of pineapple. This will immediately eliminate your digestive problem.
- It is high in vitamin C and bromelain, which help fight microbial infections. Take this fruit during colds or coughs, to get an instant relief.
Improves bone and the gum strength:
- Pineapple, strengthens the bones and connective tissue due to it’s rich manganese content. One cup of this fruit contains 73% of the daily requirement of manganese.
- If you eat pineapple, your gums will get stronger and your teeth will be stronger and healthier. Similarly, for those who have hiccups and constipation this fruit is a perfect remedy .
Macular tissue dysfunction and cleansing the blood:
- Firstly, macular tissue dysfunction is causing visual impairment quickly in today’s generation. Further, the beta-carotene present in this fruit improves vision and prevents macular tissue dysfunction. So if possible, eat a little pineapple every day.
- Also, by taking this fruit all the toxins in the blood are expelled and the blood is cleansed. In addition, taking the juice of this fruit twice a day heals jaundice quickly.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties, arthritis patients can consume this so that the swelling in the joints will decrease and the joints will become stronger.
- It also has the power to cure sinus, sore throat, sinus etc. This is because of the rich bromelain in it.
- It is high in anti-oxidants. This prevents the skin cells from being affected by free radicals, thereby preventing the formation of cancer.
- Anti-oxidants in it can also help prevent atherosclerosis caused by free radicals. It also prevents blood clots. That is why this fruit is called the aspirin of nature.
Heart health and bronchitis:
- It lowers cholesterol levels in the body, thus preventing heart disease and protecting heart health.
- Due to the anti-inflammatory properties of this fruit, inflammation and injury in the trachea can be reduced.
Lowering blood pressure & stomach Worms:
- People suffering from high blood pressure can include it in their diet, due to the high potassium and low sodium in it, the blood pressure will be maintained evenly.
- Finally, It contains the digestive enzyme bromelain. So when pineapple is added to the diet, it destroys and expels the worms in the stomach.
Side effects of pineapple:
Bromelain is known to induce menstruation, so pregnant women should avoid eating this fruit to prevent the chance of miscarriage.
To sum up, taking this fruit is good for your health, but do not consume too much of this fruit as it is likely to cause problems like diarrhoea, nausea and dermatitis.