Water Flosser is a device used for dental flossing. Water flows from the device at a steady speed, which helps in efficiently cleaning in between your teeth.
The American Dental Association (ADA) recognizes these water flossers for their effectiveness in preventing and reducing the gum diseases.
What is Waterpik?
Waterpik is a brand of Water Flosser recognized by the American Dental Association (ADA). These help in removing the food stuck to teeth and other toothbrush inaccessible zones.
Is it effective than Traditional Dental Floss:
Both the Waterpik and traditional floss has the same effect in reducing gum disease. Waterpik is an upgrade in the dental flossing. It helps in avoiding the hassle caused by pulling the string floss in between our teeth.
Advantages of Waterpik:
- Easy to use.
- Efficient result.
- It provides better access than a traditional floss in patients with braces, bridges, crowns, and dental implants.
- A massaging effect on the gums.
- Not very, time-consuming.
Disadvantages of Waterpik:
- Expensive device.
- It needs a larger storage space.
- Not a portable device.
Parts of Waterpik?
These are the basic parts of any model of a Waterpik water flosser:
- Motor with a pump.
- Water reservoir.
- Special water flosser tip.
The compactness of these parts with any additional features may differ from each available model of Waterpik water flosser.
How to use Waterpik Water Flosser?
- Firstly, fill the water reservoir with lukewarm water and attach the tip to the holder.
- Then turn on the device and adjust the pressure control always from low to high if necessary.
- Now place the tip inside your mouth, close your lips to prevent spilling of water, and turn on the device.
- Start from the gum line of your back teeth. Run the device at intervals i.e. pause after each section (4 teeth/ section).
- Then turn off the unit, remove the tip and empty the water reservoir to prevent contamination.
- This takes about 2 minutes to complete flossing your entire mouth.
However, these instructions may differ from each model of Waterpik. Therefore, read the manual along with your device for better understanding and proper use.